In my current web application, I have to create a "Reputation Points & Badges Engine" somewhat similar to SO. That system contains many rules and each rule is associated with a few predefined user activities (like view question, vote question, etc).
- Store all rules in database tables (almost each rule includes multiple conditions). can we do this?
- To match each user action with rules saved in db tables and
assign the associated reputation points and badges.
- Check if user already got the reward to the threshold value (e.g not of votes, views), defined in rule.
- Perform certain actions like promote user, notify user, ban user defined in few rules.
- Provide an UI to admin of the application to Manage(add new/edit/delete) rules in application.